Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A kick back kind of weekend

A very laidback weekend here at the Scott house. I finished the girls Christmas shopping and Amelia spent her first time sitting in a shopping cart instead of hanging out in her baby carrier. My baby is growing up. After I finished up their Christmas shopping I asked Claudia what she wanted Santa to bring her this year. She answered, 'A bike!' Sorry kid. Santa isn't so cruel as to bring a kid in Pennsylvania a bike for Christmas. I guess a bike is in order for her birthday. A kid getting a bike at the end of February is slightly less cruel. She was so cute last night, though. She looked up at the stars while she was brushing her teeth and said, 'I wish, I wish, I wish Santa would bring me a bike.'
We also spent the weekend making a scarecrow, which she affectionately named 'Papa'. I don't know the resemblance though. Maybe the lack of lips? We also had movie night Saturday night. We watched it in 'Nana's bed' and she made it through the entire thing without losing interest 15 minutes in and spending the rest of the time jumping off the bed. Success!
Look who can drink from her sippy all by herself!

Wearing the dress Nana got her:

You can never start teaching them to online shop too early:


Wearing Mommy's headband:
Papa and a thrilled Claudia
Nana's bed:
My little ham:

3 comments:

Nana said...

They look so big. Amelia is really getting independent fast. The scarecrow looks just like Papa.

The Cerra Family said...

WOW - finished with your Christmas shopping before Halloween!?! Love seeing the girls through pictures! So glad you're blogging!

Courtney Scott said...

Christina- My friend Emily reminded me that I was done and wrapped around this time last year. Yikes!